Well, turns out some intelligent guys on the internet has solved the biggest problem the Macbook Pro 2017 has!
It’s called Hyperdrive and is specifically designed for the latest Macbook Pro and effectively gives you back all the ports that you loved on previous Macbook/Macbook Pro’s in a super slim and sleek design – without the need for countless dongless and attaches right on to the side of your shiny new laptop.
- – HDMI supporting 1080p@60Hz, 4K@30Hz
- – Thunderbolt 3 supporting video up to 5K@60Hz or 2x4K@60Hz, 40Gb/s data and max 100W full speed power delivery pass through charging
- – USB-C data (5Gb/s)
- – SD (UHS-I 104MB/s)
- – micro SD (UHS-I 104MB/s)
- – 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 (5Gb/s)
- Input: 2 x Thunderbolt 3 USB-C
- DC/DC efficiency: Up to 96%
- Device Operating Temperature: Less than 48ºC / 118ºF
- Enclosure: CNC aluminum available in Space Gray & Silver color
- Dimensions: 4.5″ x 1.1″ x 0.3″ / 115 x 28.5 x 8.5mm
- Weight: 1.2oz / 34g
You can use all 7 ports of the Hyperdrive simultaneously and while charging at full speed. Whilst many other 5gb/s dongles have speed and bandwidth limitations. Hyperdrive can do up to 50gb/s all at the same time and as the HyperDrive has ultra low power consumption it won’t drain the battery like other dongles.
At time of writing it has achieved 15,442 backers all pledging between them $1,375,419 of their initial $100,000 goal. It finishes on 16th January.
To pledge please click here!
To listen to the guys chatting about this please click here!