Periscope lets you buy and send Super Hearts that broadcasters can cash in

Periscope has a new revenue stream

Periscope (owned by Twitter) has a new way to attract the best new content and also help you make some money along the way – this week it launched it’s ‘Super Hearts’ feature which allows users in-app purchases to buy the Super Hearts.

The Super Hearts can be sent to the creators of the content through the comment reel and then they (the creators) can redeem these with Twitter on a monthly basis.

Twitter takes 30% of the revenue and the creator/user gets the remaining 70%.

This gifting process seems to be inspired by the trend in China where users buy digital roses or stickers to send to broadcasters – essentially an in-app tipping service!

This is only available in the US at the moment but Periscope hope to extend this to everyone soon.

To download Periscope please click here: Apple / Android